At the beginning of each school year, students will commit to honor a Christian community of caring. Our RESPECT Pledge states:
- Respect - I will respect others and myself.
- Encouragement - I will encourage others and myself.
- Safety - I will work toward making my school a safe Christian place to learn that is free of bullying, teasing and name-calling.
- Peace - I will help settle disagreements in a peaceful manner.
- Example - I will be a positive, Christ-like example for my schoolmates.
- Consideration - I will be considerate of the feelings of others.
- Tolerance - I will be tolerant of those who are different than I am.
Students must take responsibility for their own behaviors, decision making and academic progress. We expect students to make mistakes and grow in responsibility at different rates. At the same time, we know we are succeeding in responsibility when we see students:
- Perform regular duties and activities without constant reminders
- Work and play independently
- Take ownership of their own problems and solutions without blaming their problems on others
- Admit their own mistakes without rationalization
- Make their own decisions even if they differ from the decisions of their peers
- Be able to explain how and why they made the decisions they made
Teachers and staff may give blue slips to a student in recognition of honoring the code of conduct.