Christ Church School currently recognizes athletic achievement in first through fifth grade students in these two categories:
President’s Council on Physical Fitness
Students are awarded on how well they do in the following five events:
- Shuttle run (measures quickness)
- Quarter, half, or one mile run (measures endurance)
- Sit and reach (measures flexibility)
- Sit-ups (measures abdominal strength)
- Pull-ups (measures upper body strength)
Students that score above 50% of the national average in all five of the categories will receive a National Award for Physical Fitness. Students that achieve a score of 85% or better in all five categories will receive the Presidential Award for Physical Fitness.
Physical Fitness Awards
Congratulations to all of the students who achieved either the National Award or Presidential Award for Physical Fitness for the 2017/2018 school year!
Kevin Washburn, receiving a certificate for tying the school record for the fastest 1-mile run, at 6 minutes and 50 seconds.